"Fashion is so often presented in our culture as a thing of froth, which of course,
it partly is; but the bubbles are blown with such care and a sense of values."
- Anna Wintour

ABOUT US | ETSY|HEART|{&}|SOUL|CONTACT


Monday 18 February 2013

Le Corps de la Mode



 Paris, France.

This exhibit was everything. It allowed the audience to move through the evolution of the model. 
From the mannequin to the muse to the waif. And back again.

    
 I don't think these girls eat cheese. Actually, I don't really thing they eat anything, but never the    less, this photo is magnificent. Magnificent in the most ironic, candid way. Anti-glamour honesty.
 
  How could one be in love with both these photos? They are opposite. Yet, they excel in their  context. Nudity executed perfectly should last a life time, I truly prefer shape in females.
Androgyny is beautiful, yet only if it is natural and very little is. The lines have been blurred.


 Then there was this Italian lady and her hat/glasses/shoes. Wanted to befriend her.
      



The 3rd Summer of Love
Kate 1990.
Corrine Day/ Forever Please.
(If this is the first time you have seen this photo. I feel for you, as I cannot imagine how many other things you have not seen in your lifetime)



     The good, the bad and the ugly. AKA. Naomi. Claudia, I have no idea. Either way a fail.

     Audrey on set.


Actual model board. I hope it was stolen.
  Before we had internet. Before we had every technology known to man. We had
      scissors and glue, arts & crafts in the editors office.

        The best cover I have ever encountered. Down hill from here.
      Verusuka: "Diana Vreeland would always say, 'you look sad Versuka smileee, smile my sad eyes'
       I just didn't know how.  I think there is a beauty in sadness. Unique beauty. Unlike, happiness"
     Twingy in Paris.

          This was right outside. From the 70's. Perfectly preserved.
       I went in with a stranger. We had too much laughs and I forgot to take the photos. True Story.
And this. This was the end. The last we saw. Why does it stop you and force you to think? 
 Because that's how you define a great photograph. 

 And this? This will continue to surpass decades.
This is how we still ultimately define great beauty.


No comments:

Post a Comment