"Fashion is so often presented in our culture as a thing of froth, which of course,
it partly is; but the bubbles are blown with such care and a sense of values."
- Anna Wintour

ABOUT US | ETSY|HEART|{&}|SOUL|CONTACT


Friday 8 March 2013

Only in Paris: Elie Saab

       Wednesday 3:30pm. Thank god for a smoke break, without the smoke.

       As a group of us casually stood amongst ourselves to discuss the follies of our school, a random man ( whos' name I am unable to disclose ?) came out of thin grey air in his little white voiture.   
He loitered in his car till he found our attention: 
"Excuse, Excuse..Vous êtes étudiants d'une école de mode?" That much I understood. Then there was something something about "un defile de mode" and "Elie Saab". I think he found my attention. As my interest perked I saw him wave two invitations from his car.

You must understand, it was the last day of fashion week. I knew the Elie Saab show was at 4:30. 
It was instinctual to leap.
As a friend translated his french and I stood idly wondering what the hell was going on, he handed us two tickets and drove off. We stood there speechless. How to explain this to the marketing professor?

         Only in Paris, only in Paris...









     














Everything was as I thought it would be x




No comments:

Post a Comment