"Fashion is so often presented in our culture as a thing of froth, which of course,
it partly is; but the bubbles are blown with such care and a sense of values."
- Anna Wintour

ABOUT US | ETSY|HEART|{&}|SOUL|CONTACT


Saturday 16 March 2013

Small Obessions

Cass Bird

I've been collecting her photos since 2010.  Some here some there. Yet, it wasn't till yesterday that I realized my small obsession with this photographer. Some photos I didn't even know were even taken by her and yet, I still collected them with the assumption that they were by some other unknown. It wasn't till I went through her portfolio that I realized how many I have been inspired by over the years. It was errie how the connection didn't hit me till now...
She brings me hope that strange tastes have the ability to excel today in such an over saturated  world of false images. We forget sometimes that natural spontaneity and the human form are beautiful in themselves and the need for manipulation is overrated.

    

  Combine this with her obsession with Daria and you could understand my infatuation with her work.









                                                      Cass Bird: WWD Interview 2012
I don’t think of myself as ‘a fashion person,’” Bird says. “I think my interest was always about people, and it still is that. The obsession with seeing someone and letting them see you, that moment is pretty f---ing profound."



No comments:

Post a Comment